Friday, March 13, 2009

Little Details

I just want to thank everyone for being so complimentary about my blog design. I really appreciate it! I have worked on it on and off for weeks. I am thrilled I finally finished one of the thousands of things on my to-do list.

Lots of you have asked how I did my menu and where I got my background. I used a lot of resources to do all of the little things that made my template look like it does. I have decided to put as many as I can remember here so you can play with your template, too.

My background and my logo are my own design. I used the Pea SDflenner and Pea Bethany's Doodles fonts for my menu graphics. My writing isn't as neat as the font I used:

how I write


My real handwriting probably shows I am a serial bitcher.  

To get my menu to act like it does takes CSS. I used this tutorial at BlogU. I also used a BUNCH of the tutorials at Blogger Buster. I hope this helps! I know there are a lot of things I did to tweak my template, but I really don't know if anyone cares! Please feel free to ask.

xoxo

2 comments:

Sunny said...

How awesome of you to share some tips! I've been wanting to do my own design for my blog but didn't even know where to start, thanks!

Bev said...

Your blog looks awesome!

Bev